Gmail is considered to be the largest Email service equipped with sturdy security protection. But to maintain safety and avoid loss of data, it’s essential to change the password of the Gmail account (www.gmail.com) on a periodic basis. If you change your password, that will be applicable to all other accounts associated with Gmail such as Google+, YouTube, etc. This article mainly focuses on the effective hacks to reset Gmail password in a jiffy.
Constructive Ways to Change your Gmail Password
Here are two major methods followed worldwide to modify the password of your Gmail account. It is not at all necessary to try each of them, just you need to identify which one suits you the best.
Tip 1: Modify the Password of your Browser
You have the option to modify the Gmail password from the web browser. Just go through the under-mentioned steps to accomplish that.
- First of all, sign in to the Google My Account page. (www.gmail.com) This will take you to the My Account page if you are logged in your Gmail account. If this is not the case, you need to enter your Gmail address as well as a password in order to sign in.
- Now, press the Sign-in & security section available.
- Then, you need to press Signing in to Google.
- After that, you need to hit the Password option which is located in the Password & sign-in method tab.
- If you activate 2 step verification, you have to enter the verification code that you receive from Google. However, you can skip this step if this verification option is already activated.
- Now, provide a password of the Gmail account and hit the Next button.
- After that, you need to provide your new password. Now, you need to write the new password again in order to confirm.
- Thereafter, you need to press the CHANGE PASSWORD option.
After this change of password, the process gets over, you will be logged out automatically. Now, you need to log in with the new Gmail password. The password is changed successfully.
Tip 2: Change of Password Using Gmail App
You can easily reset the Gmail.com password via the Gmail app. Follow the under-mentioned steps to do this.
- First of all, you need to open the Gmail application on your handset.
- After that, hit the menu icon available on the left-hand corner.
- Move downwards and hit the options marked as Settings.
- Then, press the account profile and move to the My Account section.
- Thereafter, hover on to Sign-in & security. Then click on Password and press the Change your password option.
- If the Step 2 verification is done, then provide the Verification Code.
- Then as per the earlier process, enter the existing password and click on Sign in.
- After that, provide the same details in the new password section and click on the CHANGE PASSWORD option to complete the process.
Well, now you have a thorough idea of what all steps are required to reset the Gmail password. All the steps are mentioned hereafter diligent research to make the user understand.